Thursday, January 13, 2011

Getting the hang of it!

Hey!

So I think I am getting the hang of this challenge malarky! I had some time last night, so rooted around and found 2 challenges that I thought would be good practice for me.

Cupcake Craft Challenges - it's a pretty cool blog and they get lots of entries, which is cool. Even more than participating in the challenges, I love looking at the cards people have made, they provide fantastic inspiration.

Mojo Monday - is very cool and all based on sketches, which is very cool. They have a fantastic blog and I think I might be visiting their sketch archive soon to try some of them out. This whole sketch thing is new to me, but I like it, sometimes you need an idea of what shape the card is going to take.

So my challenge to myself, was to make ONE card that fits these 2 challenges and I think I did it with this lovely item!

Cupcake Craft's Challenge was to make something using something New - new baby, new home, etc or a new craft goodie.

Mojo Monday's Sketch was this -



So I used the following things -

Papers by kit 'n' cradle and Heidi Grace (via TK Maxx!), Ribbon by Papermania, Border Punch Zig Zag embossed dots by Martha Stewart - it is so new it only arrived on Tuesday, it's a gift from my Sister-in-law and her husband, the self adhesive gems are from my local craft shop, the chipboard sentiment is by Simply Creative Stickers - also new from Hubby for Christmas.

Yay! That makes 4 challenges entered so far, it's fun, I love it.

Cx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, welcome to our challenge! Your card is so beautiful. I love the colour scheme you've used and your new punch is gorgeous. Hope you can join in again soon. Thanks for joining in with my "something new" challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week Claire ! Love your card ! Fantastic colours ! Good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx