Monday, January 17, 2011

Old + New

 Hey!

Happy Monday to you all!

The title of my blog doesn't just refer to my craft life, it also references what has been going on in our home this weekend! Following the installation of the new kitchen, we had some floor left and so my Dad kindly offered to come and lay it in our bedroom. This sparked a whole host of DIY activity! New coat rack, moving my Great-Great Grandmothers mirror to a new location, hanging pictures, new mirror, fitting the fireplace, finally putting the doors on Hubby's new wardrobe, a trip to the dump! We have been a hive of activity this weekend (= tired before the week has even started), with not a great deal of time for crafting!

I have been exploring new techniques, ideas etc and I bought a selection of chipboard buttons recently and thought that I would try these out. I haven't really worked with these before, so looked through my idea book for inspiration and came up with a few ideas that I thought might work.

Below are the cards that I made using the chipboard buttons and some old things from my stash, that I re-discovered!!

A
B
C
A - The chipboard flower was part of a gift, the papes are from a Papermania set, I used a X-Cut scalloped edge punch, a chipboard button and some sparkly silver ribbon. I stamped the sentiment in co-ordinating ink.

B -The scalloped circle is from Funky Hand's Salt & Pepper digital kit and the sentiment circle, a chipboard button, some ribbon that I got on a box of chocolates! The spotty paper is beautiful, the spots are actually raised and the best bit is that it came as part of a set I got from my local Poundland - craft goodies galore there.

C - I used a free set that I re-coloured from the Creative Cardmaking Issue 27disk for the sentiment circle, a chipboard button, some sparkly siver ribbon and a beautiful mulberry paper that I got in another set from my local Poundland.

I am really pleased with the results here and I have put them in my card pile (I separate out, things for sale, things for charity and things for me).

I will be going home tonight to have a mini craft session, watch some Basketball with Hubby and get an early night!!

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx