Sunday, March 27, 2011

Nice end to a nice week

Hello!

Well I have missed writing my blog this week and making stuff to show you, but it has been a really good and busy first week in my new job - which I am loving!

To recap - I had lots of fun in MM and spent a large percentage of the time shopping! I came home with lots of lovely new things for my craft stash (and I mean LOTS).

I decided I could enter one challenge this weekend and chose Sketch n Stash #57 - partly because I thought the sketch (below) could work well with some of the new things I bought.


So today's pic is my entry for the challenge and I am pleased because I normally avoid stamps like the one I've used, as I think they are a bit twee!

But I think that using some nice contemporary papers makes it less so. I decided to only colour the bow and the spots on the present and I think that also helps to make it look less old fashioned! The stamps were a free gift with Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine and they are by Molly Bloom's rubber stamps. The papers are from the Sugar and Spice range by Dovecraft, for the sentiment and flowers, I punched them and coloured them using Promarkers. The pearls are by Dovecraft and the oval shape was from a batch of shapes I bought for 99p whilst in MM.

It's the first time that I have thought about punching shapes in white and then colouring them using promarkers - it works really well.

Have a good week - once again no crafting or blogging for me whilst I settle into my job, so I'll see you next weekend.

Cx

1 comment:

  1. awww usch a sweet card, really lovely image and such beautiful papers, very pretty indeedy:)
    thanks for joining us at sketch n satsh

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx