Monday, March 12, 2012

Making Things for Friends



My friend Emma had a difficult year last year, and she moved to Spain to be with her family.

Emma is one of the most fun loving, genuinely funny people that I know and so I wanted to do something that would help her maintain her smile.

JT and I decided we would send her a 'care' package - it's full of random things, sweets, stuff for the home, stuff to wear etc and some of it JT and I made.

For a long time I have wanted to try making personalised stationery, so I thought I could do this for Emma. I used an idea I have used before for wedding invites, but added Emma's initials and it works (I think). Basically you take a detailed stamp, stamp in black ink onto white paper, scan in, decide what size you want the cards to be, print and cut out. Then colour and mount onto co-ordinating patterned paper and finally using glitter glue, add some bling. Here are some pics.



4 personalised notecards
Closeup, showing the glittered details
Closeup, showing the initials and details
I also had some left over transfers from the stock I use for Babygrows - these ones are not suitable for babies, so I bought some t-shirts and vests in Emma's size and added the transfers, today's main pic is of one of the vests - the transfer is a lady squirrel on a moped with Jacks underneath - because Emma and I are Jackie and Joan Collins (don't ask) she calls me Joan and I call her Jacks and I'm not sure how the lady squirrel is relevant, but......

Anyway, here are the rest of the tshirts.

Rabbit transfer - has a patterned ring around it

Butterflies cascading - I think the colours go well together
Treehouse transfer, I love this transfer, looks lovely on this white t-shirt
It has been fun putting together the package and using my skills to make a friend smile. Check out JT's blog - great minds think alike!

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx