Monday, May 7, 2012

The long weekend



It's been a pretty good weekend, despite the chaos in the flat due to the new windows (which are beautiful) finally being installed. The craft room doesn't exist at the moment and everything is everywhere and the cats are freaked out. So are the adults to be fair!

On Friday night, Hubby and I went to visit Lemon to start her birthday celebrations (Saturday was her birthday) she cooked. Score. It was fun and relaxed, I couldn't handle much more than that after the wretched cold.
Saturday was originally going to be a day of chilling, but Lemon and I both fancied hanging out some more so we into town to shop and eat din dins. We had such a laugh and I started to feel better. Today's main pic is of Lemon and I eating doughnuts in Selfridges! Unfortunately Hubby couldn't join us as he had to work. Boo!
Yesterday was the chore day, we hired a van, sorted the cr*p in the flat, went to the dump, made a list, went to IKEA (yes on a bank holiday Sunday, we are insane enough), came home, tided a bit and then slumped around.
I managed to create a craft space in amongst the window related chaos in the flat. Here's a pic of the craft space - its cracking me up. I am perched on the edge of our bed and have managed to track down the essential tools and stash that I need to work with - in the background behind the desk is our chest of drawers that is covered in stuff from the craft room.


I made some lovely owl cards and some bunting ones for the charity sale. I also had an idea and started to make a complicated bunting variation (let's see how this pans out later in the week...)

Today I have been sewing tank top tote bags - photos are below. So easy to make and fun too. I took several different pics,to create a mini tutorial (the finished pic isn't great sorry).

Step 1 - Fold tank top inside out and match the straps up
Step 2 - Sew both sides together
Step 3 - Mitre the corners to add strength
Step 4 - Fold right side out - voila! Finished tote
I managed to make 4 of these in 25 minutes - here's a pic of them all piled up ready to be gifted to friends and charity.

I am thinking about making little drawstring pouches to store them in, but I can't decide...

I also made these -

based on an example I found on Pinterest. I used a mixture of embellishments I bought when I went to Berkhamsted a few weeks ago, flowers JT gave me, flowers, papers and bling from my stash. I like them, think these will be going in the charity pile.

I have to go into hospital tomorrow, but I'm not going to dwell on that. It's more exciting to point out that all the pictures on the blog today were taken on my new (= previously belonged to Hubby) HTC using the Instagram app - awesome!

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx