Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Project Doily


Hi! Bit of a radio silence from me, I've spending QT with my family, hubby and some friends. It's been fun

Doilies have been everywhere I have been lately. They have also been residing on my desk mainly unused, due to fear and lack of inspiration.

A quick nose around Pinterest and here we are a few days later with Project Doily.

I wanted to make some cards that were a bit of a departure for me. I made 5 - one of which you have already seen. I really don't like the Mother's Day card, but thought I'd share and get some feedback...

First up is today's main photo. I love this card, but it wasn't simple, it was mighty time consuming and I will need to leave it on the drying rack for sometime, so I can look at it LOTS before I use it.
I used a Papermania doily, a kraft card, DCWV Latte 6x4 paper stack, random buttons, JT's butterfly punch, a tag punch and 'hello' stamp.
Why was it so time consuming...well the punching of the 3 butterflies and layering them to create the desired effect was a pain...the ACTUAL stitching of buttons (jeez I need to go back to work) to the paper and making sure everthing stuck down right and didn't bulge wasn't fun either..but it is beautiful...

Here are some close-ups of the butterflies and the buttons.


Next is this simple beauty - done with the time consuming part of this little project...


I used a white mini doily from eBay, a Papermania paper flower, a Sizzix die cut flower, a button and a 'hello' stamp.
Nice and straightforward, not a lot of work and it's really effective.  I like using kraft card blanks, as I feel you don't really need a background paper.

This card is a little bit unusual and I made it because I really wanted to figure out a way to use the beautiful paper. I got it free with a magazine ages ago and thought that with the doily, a flower and a sentiment it might just work. I think it's a tad fussy, but I kind of like it.


Finally is this Mother's Day card....I don't like it, I followed a Pinterest idea and I think there is too much going on..

What do you think about it? I think I don't like coloured doilies so much...

Cx


3 comments:

  1. Love the varied uses of the doilies! I think the bottom one is my favourite - so funny it's bottom of your list. Too funny. I like the yellow flower one a lot as well. Big love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look great, Project Dilies is a success! ( I think I don't like the dark colors paired with the pink on the last one ) waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, not sure on the coloured doilies. I love the cards, the top two are my favs. The layouts are great.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx