Thursday, August 8, 2013

Colourful luggage....


WOYWW was fun this week - despite my lack of 'stuff' to show, I enjoyed looking at what all my online buddies have been up to.

JT entered a fun challenge this week  on the Designed to Colour blog and I thought I'd be a bit of a copycat and enter it too.

This week's challenge (#17) is based on a colour theme -


The challenge requires you to use a coloured image and to use 3 or more of the colours shown above.

I've had this Stamping Bella luggage stamp that I hadn't used yet and I thought it would be perfect for this challenge. I like to scan in stamps - mainly because then I can adjust the size of them.

The tricky part of making this card was getting the yellow in. Eventually I settled for using it for subtle accents on the cases. I decided I didn't really like the Stamping Bella 'Bon Voyage' greeting and so made my own - using the word window punch - big fave right now!

The Chevron washi tape is not actually tape, but sheets of washi tape paper by We R Memory Keepers - it's very useful and works really well on this card. The green grid paper is by American Crafts.

I'm happy with the how the card came out, it's kind of quirky!

Cx

6 comments:

  1. Nice card man! You have stamps hiding everywhere, don't you!? The chevron and grid paper really make this feel modern. Can you give me some trainings on this washi tape paper stuff?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha I do indeed...my stash is out of control. I'll give you trainings once the washi tape paper arrives - yep I sent you some this week :)

      Delete
  2. How sweet, fun image and great use of washi! Thanks for linking up with DTC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! That stamp is wonderful and the coloring was perfect for the color challenge! Love the washi too! Thanks for joining us at the designed to color challenge - next time you take the lead at DTC challenge and JT will follow (isn't that what friends are for :))
    Hugs,
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you added the yellow in on the suitcase latches. That was perfect! And your washi accent is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Designed To Color! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love how you colored the suitcases. Thank you for joining us at Designed to Color.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx