Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Stenciling fun..


So as you saw last week I have been trying to learn how to use stencils..I have had varying results - surprisingly mostly good :)

Today's photo is of a card I made for one of my Bestie's and his family as they just has a Baby Boy (as yet un-named).

I am so chuffed with how well this came out I decided to enter it into the Creative Card Crew challenge this week - #44 Things with Wings...great name for a challenge!

I used a Hobbycraft basics navy blue ink and Studio G inks for the paler blue and the brown. I went over the paler blue just slightly with the navy. The sentiment was made using my trusty EK Success label punch.

The reason I am so pleased with this card is because it is so non-traditional..yes it's blue and there is a bird, but it's huge and modern!

I am starting to get the hang of this stenciling thing and can't wait for my new Ranger inks to arrive..

Cx

2 comments:

  1. Great card - that bird is fab! I love all your blues too!

    Thank you for joining the challenge with the Creative Card Crew!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way this turned out! That bird looks fantastic!!

    Thanks for flying along with us at Creative Card Crew!

    ~ Crystal (DT)

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx