Thursday, December 5, 2013

Have machine...will quilt..

Image from Kristen @ write it down.

So since I got my new machine, I have been itching to make my first BIG quilt..I have made many baby quilts, but never a bed sized one (gulp...am I mad?!)

I stumbled across a website called Missouri Star Quilt Co. Their website is gorgeous and introduced me to Moda fabrics (yums).

I have decided to be overly ambitious and make 2 quilts...one for me, one for my Mum and Dad...(once again am I mad?!). I am not completely crazy though and have decided to follow this wonderful tutorial at Write It Down...makes it all look nice and easy.

As I am being ambitious, I decided to introduce plain squares into the quilt, this makes it a bit cheaper to make.

I have settled on American Basics by Windham Fabrics -


This colourway will be the quilt for my Mum and Dad and I am going to use plain Navy squares and hopefully a spotty backing...but lets not get carried away with thinking about the backing just yet...

For my quilt I will be using Comma by Moda Fabrics and mixing it up with Silent Film solids by Kona



The main photo is of a finished quilt that I am 'roughly' aiming for and here is a photo of the pattern I have created for the quilts....an x means a patterned square and my quilts will be approx 45 x 70 inches.



I am hoping it will all go smoothly and that shortly after Christmas I will be able to show you at least 1 completed quilt.....stay tuned...

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx