Sunday, March 30, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day in the UK.

My Ma is pretty special, she is always there for me and last year when Hubby and I were relocating she helped us physically, financially and emotionally.

This year has been a bit traumatic for Ma and our entire family, a surprise Cancer diagnosis wasn't exactly the best start to 2014.

Ma has managed to deal with all of it with dignity and a smile on her face and I was overjoyed that I got to go home at the point where she needed company and policing (she's not the best patient!)

Now 6 weeks after her op she has been given an all clear, which is totally amazing for her and our whole family.I am pleased to see that she is utilising the time she has before going back to work by having a bit more rest and indulging in some hobbies - sewing, embroidery, crap tv, reading etc

I know for a fact that I couldn't have gone through everything she has with such strength, but this is why she is so special.

I wanted to make Ma a bright and happy card. I had all sorts of ideas most of which centred around the Pink Petticoat backing paper I have used. When I was home, Ma saw it in my travel stash and said that she really liked it, so I wanted to use it.
I got a teeny bit carried away and used a few different techniques.
I didn't have a yellow flower, so I coloured one of the giant Papermania using a Promarker and then I sprayed the flower with a Memento Fireworks mist in Canteloupe. This is a newish technique for me and a bit messy, but adds a really nice shimmer when dry.

Here's a close-up -

Flower Close-up
I also recoloured some white paper twine black, so that it matched the text. The text is a rub-on...It is not supposed to be all patchy, but (and this is why I hate rub-ons) it wouldn't go on evenly..and in the end I decided it looked quite modern and edgy :)

The button is special too, as I bought a little bag of them when I was at home and on a day out with Ma.

I hope Ma likes her card and has a wonderful Mother's Day, I will be skyping her later.

Finally I decided that my card fits the Love to Create bingo card this week...


I am using the 3 row across and down - so Sparkle, Yellow and Flowers!

Cx

3 comments:

  1. Love this card - perfect for your ma. It's so cheerful, it's like a hug. Also - LOVE the bingo challenge and your take on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Bright and cheery!! Congrats to your Ma on beating her cancer!! Thank you for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge.
    Zenita (aka Scrappinwith'Z)
    DT member Love to Create Challenge
    http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire, sorry I missed this yesterday..we were out visiting Tom's parents and celebrating Mother's Day with them...I am so pleased to read that your Ma has been given the all clear,, what a wonderful Mother's Day it must have been for both of you..I know how difficult it is for you to be so far away. Your card is totally gorgeous! I love love love that bright and cheerful flower, I am sure your Ma was thrilled! Love and Hugs, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx