Sunday, May 25, 2014

OWH..Having fun with 'scraps'....


Hi,

I hope you are all having a nice Bank Holiday weekend. I have been having fun with Hubby and in the craft room.

Most of my efforts in the craft room have been for OWH - which I will show you over the course of a few posts.

Today's versions came about by accident. I bought a box of patterned card blanks by American Crafts specifically for using for OWH makes. When I got them home I realised they were part of the Neopolitan series and I have papers to match :)

One of the papers looks like this -


So I had a lightbulb moment and cut it into little individual images...

The main card is one of my favourites from the whole batch - as you can see, I put a different sentiment over the one that was under the scooter. As with all the cards I made here I used some of the papers from the Neopolitan pack, but all of the papers I used were in my scrap box and I didn't up any whole sheets. I also used some plain co-ordinating papers. I also added pearls to the cards for a little bit of fun.

Here are the rest of the batch that are finished (there are some on my desk to be completed) -

OWH - Cards made using Neopolitan by American Crafts
All of the cards use die cut shapes - circles, squares, labels - a great way to get the most out of scraps. I also covered anything I didn't think was right with a punched element.

The final card uses one of the little images, but the rest of the stamps and the papers are not Neopolitan. The trainer (sneaker) stamp is from my Simon Says Stamp May card kit, as are the backing and stripey paper, the notepaper is a random scrap and a Lawn Fawn sentiment stamp.

OWH - Happy Birthday
I really like the final card - it's very boy and I find these quite difficult to make, so might replicate this for my own stash of cards.

They have all come out really well, looking forward to showing you the next batch.

Cx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, fab cards, looks like you've been having fun in the craft room with Hubby! We've been re-arranging my room this weekend and I'm pretty pleased with the result, except it mean no actual crafting was achieved! Hugs and a belated Happy Memorial Day, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure why my comment didn't come through but I love this usage - such a clever way to use all those little images from that Neapolitan stack. Love the different sentiments as well - look for a copy from me as I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx