Monday, August 18, 2014

Hello from London..

Hi!

Here I am sitting in my Parent's kitchen working (on my lunch break right now).

It's really good to be home, the wedding on Friday was lots of fun and I have spent the weekend hanging out with my parents. Tonight I am off out to meet my London based friends for a drink or two.

Here's a photo of Hubby and I at the wedding :)

Me & Hubby..
Today's main photo is of a card I made a couple of weekends ago. I bought the gorgeous butterfly die a while ago, it is by Poppy Stamps.

The card actually came about, as I was trying out some new misting techniques using stencils and I was lazy and didn't stick the stencil down... I decided to let my accident dry and see what I ended up with and I was quite pleased. It looks really grungy, which I am into right now.

As the background was set - I die cut the butterfly in a contrasting paper and stamped the sentiment in green too.

I did feel that it was a bit dull..so I added some bling to liven it up a bit - here's a close-up -

Butterfly close-up
Quite pleased with my accidental card..

Cx

3 comments:

  1. Ooh I love this card Claire! the background looks really fab and the butterfly is So pretty!! sometimes fab effects come from accidents! :-)
    Glad you are having a lovely time in London!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Big Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Told ya I was catching up. even commenting backwards...love the background you've created on this card, great effect from an accident! love the colours...super photo too, glad you're having a good time, even if you do have to work as well! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Mr. Hammer turned his head and fooled you, Claire!! Lol! It's a great photo! And it's a great card, too! LOVE the color and that's a unique and fantastic butterfly design! The bling is perfect!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx