Thursday, October 30, 2014

10 years...


Hi,

Today Hubby and I have been together 10 years!!

Tomorrow we have been married 5 years and are heading to Mexico on our 'Anniversamoon'..I will save the gushing for tomorrow's post.

Today I wanted to show you the card I made Hubby for our 10th anniversary :)

Obviously being a card maker means that Hubby gets 2 cards..lets see if I get a card at all..ha ha

I looked at all kinds of ideas for a 10th anniversary card, but nothing was really inspiring me. Just as I was about to get all conventional, my letter/number stamps by Papermania fell off of a shelf and hit me on the head = inspiration.

I used the number stamps to stamp '10' all over the backing paper. I had already chosen the purple card blank, so used colours that toned with this.

I then stamped the Heidi Swapp 'I like totally love you' onto vellum (ooh fancy), added some embossing powder and heat embossed it. You can't see it that well in the photo, but the sentiment is slightly shiny against the vellum.

I am very pleased with this card - it's very Hubby - he likes my CAS cards and whilst this isn't truly CAS it's clean enough for him to like it.

Tomorrow you get the smushy post, but here's a little bit of smush for you.

I love being a crafter, it relaxes me and relieves the stress of my job. Hubby has been my no.1 fan all the way through, he has been patient and kind and generous about all this craft crazy and my ever expanding stash.... He has stayed up late into the night keeping me company when I am prepping for a craft fair, he has offered critiques of my cards and encouraged me to enter competitions / challenges and the like.

It's just one of the many ways that he supports who and what I am and I love him for that.

Cx

5 comments:

  1. Well Claire, here we go saying 'snap' again! You could totally be describing my Tom too...right down to the prepping and helping at craft fairs...I think we have found two real 'rocks' in our guys! I totally love your card, it is inspired! Thank you for your comments on my blog yesterday, glad the candy corn card went down well:) Now, I could really do with some Mexican sun, any room in the suitcase??? Happy Anniversary pal, hugs Carole Z :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Bless and Happy Anniversary to you both. Great card and I totally approve of the colour scheme!
    Have a great trip.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this card Claire… it's really sweet! such a fab sentiment and I really like the way you've stamped the 10s… very cool !! :-)
    So lovely to hear how hubby supports you with your crafting… I hope you both have a wonderful Anniversary tomorrow!!
    Big hugs
    Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! So many tricks and techniques but I love the vellum over the pattern of 10s - very cool. Enjoy tomorrow and the whole trip! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ladies, thanks so much for your lovely comments. We will have a great time in Mexico and will show you waay too many photos on my return. Cx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx