Monday, February 23, 2015

Simons Says..Add a little texture..


Hey,

Hope you all had a good weekend.

I had a great one, skype playdate with JT, plenty of time at my desk and Hubby and I watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy!!

I saw the Simon Says Weds challenge this week was Add a little texture and I am totally loving texture this week. The DT also used SSS products.

I decided to make a tag instead of a card, I am sending something to a friend to say thank you and I thought wrapping the gift in a nice tag would be a great idea.

She's creative and so she loves it when I send her things that use different techniques.

I used a Tim Holtz tag die and stencil. I placed the stencil over my tag and used Wendy Vecchi textured embossing paste. I love this stuff, you get such lovely texture.

I wanted to use sparkly Thickers for the sentiment, so I mounted them on a sparkly vellum strip of paper. It's a bit wider than the tag, to give it a bit of dimension.

I die cut the circle, star and heart from a SSS stitched die bundle set that I love. I used all scraps for this. The ribbon is a scrap too, left over from wrapping JT's bday gofts :)

Here is a close-up so you get a closer look at some of the details.


I'm super pleased with my tag, I love all the little details and different textures.

Cx

5 comments:

  1. I like the use of vellum and those letters as a layer above the hearts - vellum scares me and so I need to see examples like this to make it less threatening! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You crack me up..you are fearless. My advice with Vellum is to use small pieces of it at first. This really worked for me. Cx

      Delete
  2. Fab tag Claire, love the texture from the embossing paste, hugs Carole ZX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie, I love this your texture looks amazing, and I love how you added vellum too so effective, thanks for joining us this time at Simon Says Challenge huggles Pops x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tag, love the texture you created

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx