Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Retro Rubber #17...4th of July...


Hey,

It is time for another awesome Retro Rubber challenge..

This time we have a great theme for you -


Yes, 4th of July is just around the corner, so let's get in the mood for the holiday and make something fab. I am super excited about the holiday, as Hubby and I will be dancing the night away on a boat party with one of our fave dj's - foot permitting...

Don't forget to use a stamp older than a year and tell us how long you have had it..it's a big part of the fun..

I went with an old digital stamp from Bugaboo - I've had it at least 3 years..

I coloured the stamp using Promarkers and Wink of Stella brush pens, then I fussy cut her out. 

So that there was a bit of a halo around the girl, I drew a pencil line around her and only stenciled the parts outside of the line. The stencil is a grid by SSS.

The sentiment is a mix of stamps and glittery stickers.

Makes me smile and has already left in the post on its way to a friend..

Pop over to Retro Rubber to see the fantastic creations by my teammates and link up to show us what you come up with.

Challenge ends on July 3rd. 

Cx

P.s whilst writing this I realised my card matches the challenge image, how funny is that!


7 comments:

  1. What a cute Statue of Liberty! I am so glad you thought of using it for this challenge. The stencil looks perfect as the background. Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well back from holiday and catching up!!! Love this super cute card, what a great image, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love the young girl Liberty! The similarity in images was just meant to be. The stencil background is something I had not thought of and much appreciate your inspiration. Well done, Pal...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire Bear - this is adorable! I love how you did this stenciling - she pops off the page! Now - be careful with your foot - and have fun dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute image and the stencil really makes the card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cutest card ever! Seriously live that adorable girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully colored & I love the stenciled background!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx