Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Sparkle at Christmas...

Hey,

Last time I was home JT had these big square cards and I loved them. 

So my Ma kindly came up with these scalloped ones. 

Perfect for a full 6x6 stencil... 

I used my new fave stencil.. My Favorite Things.. I love their stencils. 

I obeyed Jenn and Cheiron and started with the light and worked my way out with the darker colours. 

I used a fingertip ink dauber and Distress Inks in Mustard Seed,  Festive Berries and Worn Lipstick. 

I used a Stampers Anonymous stamp for the sentiment,  which then sparked an idea. 

So I broke out the mini Versamark embossing ink pad and put the stencil back down and dabbed the ink in randomly. Then I added some Judikins sparkle powder, heated it up and voila! sparkle just like the sentiment says. 

Here's a close-up... 


Awesome right? 

I love it and it is a special Christmas card for a special person. 

I make special cards for my family. Do you do that too? 

Tonight I am going to dinner with one of my girl tribe and I can't wait to see her. 

Cx

p.s On Sunday JT gave me my very own pack of large square cards - yay!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Wowzer!! this is awesome Claire… love how you added that extra special sparkle… and the colours are so pretty… it's a fab design for Christmas card! :-)
    yes I make special cards for my Mum, Daughter and her partner... I enjoy making them as I won't be posting them and so don't have to worry about keeping them flat, can go mad with the embellies... so I'm doing 8 inch cards and lots of decoration!
    Hope you have a good day!
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh they sound nice Sue. I am loving these big square cards, perfect for the special people! Cx

      Delete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx