Monday, May 23, 2016

I heart Playdates...



Hey,

Hope you had a good weekend.

I had a fun time playing in Cheiron's craft room (still jealous).

We did a few individual makes before making the thank you cards for all the wonderful companies that gifted us things at the April Loft Art Retreat.

Today's main photo is of all the things we made to say thanks, we divided and conquered. From the top left going clockwise:
Winnie and Walter (me), Simon Says Stamp (me), Newton's Nook (Cheiron), Lawn Fawn (Cheiron) and Neat & Tangled (me).

Fun right? So many great stamps and techniques.

I made three cards, using Cheiron's kit (yay) I also got to play with the new Lawn Fawn releases.

The first two cards used the new Lawn Fawn releases - Mermaid for you and So smooth, both of which I now have to buy!

Woodgrain paper - coloured with distress sprays, stamps coloured with distress inks
Distress ink Peacock Blue background, stamps coloured with Copics
My third card used a great die by Poppy Stamps that I found on Cheiron's desk. I put Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Mowed Lawn and Mustard Seed distress inks onto my mat, spritzed it and smooshed my paper in it.

I was quite surprised by the colour I got in the end, the green completely disappeared. I loved it though and when it was die-cut it was even prettier.

I kept it simple by sticking the die-cut pieces to a piece of Tim Holtz Woodgrain paper and adding a simple sentiment.

Here's a bonus 4th card that I made when I got home using the die-cut piece from card three -

No sentiment yet, sometimes I leave cards blank, ready for an occasion
I love playing with other people's kit.

Have a great week, four days for me, as I am off to AC on Thursday :)

Cx

4 comments:

  1. Love the off-cut of that bonus fourth card, that's ace. Other people's kit is the best, you know that's why i want you back in the UK. I love the new releases, and that's a fun way to play with that woodgrain paper...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh you have been busy creating!… I always love the variation in your cards Claire… love the CAS style of the first two cards… fun images and gorgeous colours! and the last two cards are very pretty, and so classy and elegant.
    Hope you are keeping well.
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fab creative time. Love the cards you made, they're all too fab to pick a favourite. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ladies, you all make me blush..thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx