Sunday, May 8, 2016

Make 5...Umichka challenge..


Hey,

I am playing along with the great challenge over at Anna Kossakovsaya's site.

I follow her on Instagram, I love her work and her fun posts about her life.

The challenge is fun, you basically choose a stamp set and make 5 cards using it over the course of the challenge. Each stage last two weeks.

Fun times.

Anna talks about you choosing a neglected or NBUS stamp set.

I decided to go with this set by Simon Says Stamp -


It's from the October 2015 SSS card kit and I really love it, but don't use it as often as I should, especially as I bought the dies.

I kept my first card simple.

I die cut the heart and stamped it with embossing ink, then I added red embossing powder before heating it.

I wanted the black chevron stripe to be kind of faded, so I under-inked the stamp.

I mounted the white panel to the black card and then popped up the heart before stamping the sentiment.

Final touch (obvs) was some teeny tiny red blingy gems..

I really like it, it's like a classy Valentine's and so good to revisit a forgotten stamp set.

Cx

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for participating in my challenge, Claire! Can understand you with the stamps from kits - I always use them so rarely!!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx