Thursday, May 26, 2016

Moving Along With The Times... Age Related Sentiment..


Hey,

Time for another Moving Along With The Times challenge.

This time Jenny is our hostess and her theme is 'Age Related Sentiment'

I wanted to make a 40th birthday card for a friend and I had the background to my card sitting on my desk and it sparked an idea.

I added some dots and glitter paste to the background. Because the background is quite dark, I used bright distress inks to create the little die-cut ink resist panel that the numbers are on. I love this technique and it looks stunning and has added a pop of colour to the card.

I used a fave Clearly Besotted sentiment and punched it using a Stampin Up label punch.

The whole thing is a bit artsy fartsy and I love it, the background was so easy to create and it's only two different ink colours, but looks like more than that.

Your turn to show us your creations, but first go over to MAWTT and see the things my teammates have made.

Challenge ends on June.8

Cx

6 comments:

  1. Hi Claire,
    what a brilliant card for my theme.
    such wonderful colours used, and the background inking is fantastic.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the techniques here, these are perfect examples of taking things a step further from our kick-butt class :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Claire, lovely card with great effect on the background. Love the colours too!! Janice xx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Claire, very retro.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card Claire… gorgeous colours and love the textured effects and the sparkles! it has an 80s feel to it! :-))
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Big hugs, Sue B xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card, love the hint of bling! Cara x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx