Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Retro Rubber #45..Get your sketch on...


Hey,

It's time for another cool challenge over at Retro Rubber

I'm pretty pleased and humbled as my teammates selected my sketch for our latest sketch challenge - 


I'm a big fan of a sketch challenge, I like having a 'form' to follow and my imagination goes wild with a teeny bit of structure :)

I decided to use another great Simon Says Stamp cardkit, this time from July 2015. I used the sentiments, waves and boat from the stamp set. 

I stamped the waves using Blue Breeze Kaleidacolor ink - if you haven't used these yet, you have to try them, they are awesome. I fussy cut the waves to create the central border. I used the Kaleidacolor ink again for both sentiments - the stitched circle die is by Simon Says Stamp and the label punch is by Stampin Up.

I stamped, coloured and fussy cut the boat to work as the 'star' part of the sketch.

I am super pleased with how it came out, the waves are a big win, I can't stop looking at them :)

Your turn to show us your interpretation of the sketch, but first go over to Retro Rubber and view the great makes by my teammates.

Challenge ends on August 26th. Don't forget to use a stamp a year or older and tell us about it that's part of the fun. Also, please limit your entries to 10 challenges including ours.

Cx

6 comments:

  1. You should be VERY pleased with this card!! I love it! You took the sketch and ran with it beautifully. Are you sure you didn't make the card then give us the sketch?? Perfectly wonderful (both of them)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire: I too love sketch challenges and YOUR SKETCH is AWESOME!!!!!
    Love how you matched the sketch to your card perfectly.
    The colors are fabulous, love this card.
    Big Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect stamp set for this sweet sketch!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire, love that stamp set and the layout of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card with a great sailboat and waves! CAS and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo much to love here! All the blues!! And the waves!! Love how the color changes over the course of the wave! Sooo lovely!!❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx