Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Wishing for Flip Flop Weather...


Hey,

So a while ago I saw someone on Instagram / Pinterest use this great stamp by Your Next Stamp..

I had to have it (Instagram / Pinterest hurt my wallet).

I love it, as you know JT and I have a crab thing..long long story. I figured I could get some milage out of this bad boy.

I stamped and die-cut him out, I coloured him using Zig Clean Color brush pens. Love the shading I do so easily with these pens.

This card was the inspiration for my background -
Card by Kate at Small Bits of Paper
I liked the idea of using just 2 inks to get the background.

For a bit of interest I chose to use a wood line stamp by Prima Marketing for my background and used Salty Ocean and Mustard Seed inks for my sky/sand. I spritzed the stamp with water before laying down my paper and I just LOVE the effect I got. I die-cut it out using stitched rounded dies by MFT.

This card didn't actually go to JT, it went to Queen of the Flip Flop - Jenn Shurkus..she loves Flip Flops and the sea and summer, so it was naturally a card for her!

Also I got another Honorable Mention over at CASology for my Embrace entry, how nice is that, what a wonderful start to the holidays.

Cx


1 comment:

  1. I love your background work here, that headline card is gorgeous. This may have inspired some Black Friday purchases...will reveal all later x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx