Friday, December 2, 2016

CASology..Candle..


Hey,

Happy Friday

I have been lucky enough to get a few Honorable Mentions over at the CASology challenge.

I hadn't played along before, I wasn't really convinced I was CAS enough..

I really love that under each DT make there is a line explaining why the card is CAS, it really helps me to see things differently.

This week's cue card is -


Judy's card and the definition (white space, doesn't have to be white!) inspired me to try something a bit different.

I'd normally use a white card blank, but thought the die-cut stitched scallop was so pretty it deserved to pop out of a colourful card blank!

The cake stamp is ancient and was a freebie from a magazine, when I used to get all my stamps from magazine's because I had no idea how to use them, so didn't want to invest..LOL if only that were true now my wallet would not have moths in it!

I coloured it with distress inks and an aquabrush and added some stickles for a bit of bling.

The sentiment stamp is by Simon Says Stamp and Hero Arts for Stamptember a couple of years ago.

I love the simplicity of this card, made a bit more interesting by the die-cut.

Cx

2 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, my friend, you can do CAS perfectly well! I love this soft and classically lovely design, Claire. The flare of glitter zings it up!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet and simple, Claire! I love that soft yellow and the pop of sparkle! I'm so glad you took a chance and tried your hand at CAS design because this proves you're good at it! :)
    Thanks for joining us at CASology! I hope we see you again in the near future! ;)

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx