Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Retro Rubber #53..Merry Christmas a colour challenge...


Hey,

It's time for another great challenge over at Retro Rubber

This time we have a colour challenge for you, using the photo for inspiration.


I thought it would be fun to create a background, using the holly/berry stamp that I have.

It is by CAS-ual Fridays and I think it was released in 2012 and is discontinued now and I have had it since approx 2014..  The sentiment is from the same set.

I stamped the holly/berry over and over again and coloured them using distress inks and an aquabrush. I added a glittery red washi tape border and die-cut a green glittery border using a Sizzix border die.

I added some bling..it's Christmas after all :)

The sentiment I fussy cut to fit ontop of the borders..

I stuck with green and red, for a very traditional Christmas feel.

Your turn to show us your interpretation of the colours, but first go over to Retro Rubber and view the great makes by my teammates.

Challenge ends on December 16th.  Don't forget to use a stamp a year or older and tell us about it that's part of the fun. Also, please limit your entries to 10 challenges including ours.

Cx

8 comments:

  1. Hello Claire: What a fabulous background stamp and you colored all of this little Holly images beautifully and ever so patiently.
    Love the glittery washi tapes you used and the bling finish this card perfectly.
    Awesome job, teammate.
    Big Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet Christmas card! The background is great! And love the sentiment, too. Hope you have a wonderful holiday, Claire, wherever you are!
    ~Debbie XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really digging this card! All that sweet holly! I love this! I think the best part - other than the bling - is the fussy cut sentiment - perfection! I had to LOL at your comment - touch only!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha that sentiment cracks me up. Really nice background, I was convinced that was vintage style paper! Look at you with all this fussy cutting a few days in a row...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is beautifully balanced! Great job coloring the holly, it looks like patterned paper! The bling really makes the card shine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your holly backdrop, Claire! It does look like designer paper. Love the stitching around the edge of it. The sentiment border is a lovely mix of blingy goodness... as you said, it is Christmas afterall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a great way to showcase the holly stamp by creating your own "designer paper" :-) Love your coloring with the red accents- perfect for the inspiration/color challenge. I am so honored to be able to Guest Design with you for this challenge- hugs and have a blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is amazing how you stamped and colored that amazing background! I thought it was patterned paper, it is so perfect! Super great card!❤️

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx