Monday, January 2, 2017

Spotty Thank You...


Hey,

Last day of my Christmas break today..

Hubby is also off, so we are hanging out, playing video games ;)

I wanted to play with the HOTP acetate that you can heat emboss and it doesn't warp. So I decided to make a Thank You card for my parents.

I love how crisp the heat embossing came out. The 'Thank You' stamp is by Stampin' Up.

I created the background, by blending some distress inks and then I used a darker ink on my Penny Black 'Dots in Space' background stamp, spritzed it and laid the distressed panel onto it.

The die-cut is an ancient Spellbinders die, I love these dies and are always my default when I want an interesting shape.

The card is not a true shaker, I glued the bigger sewuins to the card base and added a few teeny tiny loose ones before adding my finished front panel using foam tape, so that the loose sequins don't fall out!

Simple, but elegant.

Cx

3 comments:

  1. This looks great, I'm loving the sharpness of the greeting against the acetate. It will go down a treat with your mom as it features dies, shaker, heat embosing and stenciling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That HOTP acetate is on my must have list and even more so now after seeing this. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year. What a great card, love HOTP stuff. Love Hazelx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx