Sunday, March 12, 2017

CASology: Landmarks...Space Needle..


Hey,

Yesterday was a fun day, hanging out with Lisette and Hubby. Today will be mainly me at my desk and also our new bed arrives - yay!

I liked this week's CASology cue card -


I am from London and live in NYC, so landmark's aplenty in both places, but I decided not to be obvious and go to my other 'home' Seattle. It has a special place in my heart, you can read why here.

I decided to use the Kelly Purkey for Hero Arts 'Seattle' stamp set, I love it and I also have the NYC version (there isn't a London one..)

First I die-cut the white panel - love the MFT wonky stitched dies, then I added a teeny bit of blue distress ink to make the Space Needle pop a bit.

The hardest part of this card was fussy cutting the Space Needle - it is SO tiny!!

I stamped the sentiment - 'rocks' I built using these great stamps by Prima. Seattle is from the same set as the Space Needle, but I messed up the 'S' instead of starting again, I added a blue sparkly Thickers 'S'..I think it works..

For my final touch I added some sparkly Nuvo drops.

I think this card will be winging it's way to my friend Michelley, who is responsible for my Seattle love affair.

And just incase you don't know this, the Space Needle was built for the 1962 World's Fair, you can get to the top in just 41 seconds with the super speedy elevators and it is worth it. Even if like me you are terrified of heights!

Cx

1 comment:

  1. So perfect, Claire! I love the miniature Space Needle and the way you dressed things up with those sparkly drops! :)
    Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CASology!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx