Thursday, May 4, 2017

HLS and a Red Lady...


Hey,

I can't believe it is May already!! So much has happened this year and I guess being out of action for 6-8 weeks explains why this year is whipping by!

I made a card at the weekend, that totally fits this month's Happy Little Stampers watercolour challenge -


The April Hero Arts Card Kit arrived whilst I was in London, so last weekend was my first chance to break it out and have a play.

I really wanted to stamp one of the ladies over a watercoloured background..so I mixed up some distress inks, applied water and smooshed my background and added a few extra streaks and splodges with a brush.

I was careful to only add colour to part of the card, as I didn't want her head to be in the background and I die-cut my panel (MFT Stitched Wonky die) before I started applying the colour - makes it easier to understand the space I am working with.

I stamped the skirt, legs, body and head before I stamped and die-cut the skirt in RED!! How lucky was that ;)

As the body was stamped over the watercolour background, I used Zigs and a white gel pen to colour in the top, so that the background wasn't peeking through.

I left her legs alone, as I like the idea of the colour swirling around her legs and feet?!

Super simple card and I had a lot of fun playing with the various elements from the card kit.

The card is actually for a work colleague that is leaving, I am so sad to see her go and she is most certainly one of a kind!

Cx

3 comments:

  1. Love this card, the background works perfectly with her. I'm sure someone's stealing days, how on earth can it be May already?!! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her, love this, the smooshed paper, the colored top, it's all a win for me x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colour really does swirl around her legs, what a great way to add movement. Love this. Thanks for sharing with us at HLS watercolor challenge ! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx